For you guys who have read my older posts in my travel section, you will have seen that this summer I visited Italy and it was A-M-A-Z-I-NG!. (If you haven’t already, have a look at my posts on this, I think Venice was my favourite!) It was one of the best holidays of my life but there are so many places in the world that I have been dying to visit. Hopefully, after university I will be able to do a little travelling and finally get around to seeing more wonderful places around the world. So, I’m going to share my dream places with you darling readers today.
1. Saint Petersburg.- Throughout the last few years of school, we studied a lot about Russian history. This made me really want to visit Russia because it looks like such a beautiful place. I’m also a little bit of a history nerd so I’d like to look for the key attractions like the Winter Palace. I’m also really interested in learning about how/if the culture is as different as politics leads us to believe. Like I said, nerdy I know.
2. Paris– I know this is a really typical place to want to visit but I don’t even care, it looks lovely. Paris is one of the fashion capitals of the world which instantly makes me want to go there. Paris during fashion week is one of my dream trips. There are an insane amount of movies in Paris and everytime I watch one, I’m just dying to jump on a plane and eat lots of French food in cute little cafes.
3. Berlin –Again, Berlin appeals to me more because of historical attractions. I’ve also heard good things from my housemate about visiting Germany and it’s a part of Europe that I haven’t really explored yet. I’m already working on persuading my best friend to take a trip here with me next summer. Fingers crossed it actually happens! If it does you can expect another travel post from me!
4. Amsterdam- I think Amsterdam is a place you just HAVE TO visit when you’re young. Quite a few of my friends have visited now and I’m so jealous! I need to go here soon. It’s only a 45 minute plane ride away for me so it’s even more tempting just to jet off here for a weekend away. Now just to get my hands on the cash to get here….
5. New York- I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to visit New York. You just have to, don’t you? It’s been the setting for some of my favourite Tv shows: F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Sex and the City… Need I go on?
Not only are there amazing cultural places to visit but there are sooo many shopping opportunities for a little shopaholic like me. I desperately want to visit shops like Bloomingdales and Tiffanys. Ahh Tiffanys. I will totally pretend to be Audrey Hepburn and stand in the window with a massive cup of coffee. But I think this is a trip best left for when I have a lot of money to splurge. Maybe wait a few years then. Sigh.
So there you have it guys. Those are my top five places that I want to visit as soon as I possibly can. Obviously, the world is a big place so there are so many more places that are on my Bucket List but I guess these lot have been a priority of mine for quite some time now. I also want to go back to Verona very soon. I visited whilst I was in Italy but the trip was completely ruined for me by the weather and I didn’t get to go to places that I was planning to. Juliet’s balcony for example. GOD I was sad I missed that.
Where do you guys want to visit? I’d love to hear about some of your favourite places or if you’ve visited some of the places I’ve mentioned!